Contact a Family
One in 20 children are born with a disability in the UK. Contact a Family is the only national charity that exists to support the families of disabled children whatever their condition or disability.
With over 30 years of experience, our vision is that families with disabled children are empowered to live the lives they want and achieve their full potential, for themselves, for the communities they live in, and for society.
It’s why we offer support, information and advice to over 340,000 families each year and campaign for families to receive a better deal.
Find out more about the services we offer by visiting their website: http://www.cafamily.org.uk/index.html
Core values of our organisation
- We recognise that many families who care for disabled children are excluded from participating in society at both an economic and social level.
- We believe that services should be inclusive and designed to maximise the independence and full potential of disabled children.
- We believe families should be consulted and actively engaged by service providers to develop local and national services.
- We believe that families should have access to high quality services and up-to-date information.
- We believe that the needs of parents and families are best served by a range of different organisations working together.
- We seek to be an open and inclusive organisation, promoting diversity and equality.
- We support families from all communities regardless of disability, gender, ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation or class.