Family Information Service
This useful website contains contact details for local organisations, services, providers & activities registered with the Buckinghamshire Family Information Service (BFIS).
The Special Educational Needs area is dedicated to providing information and advice to families with a disabled child/child with special educational needs. It covers a range of topics to support parents and carers looking after their child including information on the Local Offer.
What is the "Local Offer"?
The Local Offer sets out, in one place, what support and services are available and how to access them for children and young people with disabilities and SEN from birth to 25.
The Bucks Local Offer has been designed and developed by a range of professionals from both Children’s and Adult services including education, health, social care and voluntary & community groups.
The Local Offer includes information on:
- services that are available to support children and young people with Special Educations Needs and/or Disability (SEND) from birth to 25 including:
- education services (Early Years providers, schools, colleges and training)
- health services
- social care services
- eligibility criteria for specialist services;
- how to obtain an education, health and care plan and the process;
- travel arrangements;
- how to make a complaint;
- the support available to help you to find and access the services you need.