My name is Wendy Carr and I am the Family Worker in school. My role in school is to provide support, advice and information to the families within our school community. I can help you with any worries that you may have in relation to your child, their behaviour and wellbeing. I am also here as someone to talk to if you need it!
Advice and support is confidential although concerns relating to the safeguarding of children will always be dealt with in accordance with the school's Safeguarding and Child Protection Policies. I may not have all the answers, but hopefully I can help you to work out how to find them!
Support for pupils includes:
- Overseeing the staff mentor and peer mentor scheme
- support of Pupil Premium pupils
- promoting good attendance and punctuality
- promoting self-esteem and confidence
- promoting positive behaviour and positive attitudes to learning
- providing one-to-one support through a range of strategies
Support for families includes:
- providing information and signposting to other services in the local area
- liaising with a range of external services such as Social Care, Bucks Mind, One Can Foodbank, Mental Health Support Team and the Family Support Service
- assistance in completing paperwork and forms
- attendance and support at school and other agency meetings
I am also the Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead and if you ever have any concerns regarding the safety of a pupil at our school please feel free to speak to me confidentially. I will only ever share information I have been told if I need to ensure a child’s safety.
If you need to contact me you can email the school office, call the school or come to see me in the mornings when I am stood at the school gates.