- Our School»
- The Governing Board (Currently the IEB)»
- Governor meetings and visits (currently undertaken by the IEB)»
Governor meetings and visits (currently undertaken by the IEB)
On Monitoring days, governors / IEB members come into school for the day for a learning walk, to meet with staff and the children in order to know their school and to monitor safeguarding and key areas on the school development plan. The last such visit from members of the IEB was held on February 21st 2023.
Governors / IEB members also have a specific link role, such as safeguarding or equality and diversity, and may make additional visits to school to meet with the relevant staff members and children to monitor these specific areas.
Full IEB meetings are held regularly where all IEB members attend and agenda's are focussed on key themes including:
- vision, ethos and strategy
- school development plan and self evaluation
- curriculum, teaching and learning and data
- finances, premises, health and safety
- procedural business
- link governor reporting
- Governor projects
An IEB undertakes all governance functions as part of the full board meetings although there is a separate Pay Review Committee responsible for Human Resources and pay. They also form the Headteacher's Performance Management panel.