The following homework will be set each week in Year 4 starting from w/c 16th September. No homework will be set during the school holidays.
1. Reading with an Adult at Home (3 times a week)
Please read with your children or ask questions after they have read independently x3 a week and record this in their reading journal. Please can your child bring in their reading journal on a Wednesday. This year, we will send out up to 2 books on Thursday to read if they are on the reading scheme.
2. Mathletics - https://www.mathletics.com/uk
Set on a Wed and due on a Wednesday - this will be related to the topics we are covering plus consolidation work from other lessons.
3. Times Table Rockstars - https://ttrockstars.com/
Children who do not yet know the times tables for their year group expectations should be practising at least 5 minutes a day 3-5 times a week depending on their progress.
We will be looking at a new spelling rule each week and would encourage the children to practise these further at home to help embed them in their writing using their login on letterjoin. The spellings covered can be found in the attachment below and will be tested on the following Monday after the week it is taught.
Teachers will keep track of scores and if they have any concerns, will contact parents. This will form part of our assessment for termly reports therefore, individual results will not be shared weekly.
5. Learning Logs
Every half-term children be set some tasks to do which relate to a number of areas we are looking at this half-term. . You can do the tasks in any order and a copy of the tasks can be found below. Weekly activities have been set but please do not bring any work or the books into school. Books will be reviewed the end of the term by the class teacher.
- You may interpret the tasks in your own way. Use your strengths, skills, talents and interests to show what you know.
- BE CREATIVE! Try out different ways of doing things.
- Make your work the best quality you can.
- Let your family help you and learn from their talents too.