The Governing Board
A warm welcome to our Governing Board website page. We would like to provide some information to let you know more about us and our important roles and responsibilities.
Our Governing Board currently consists of dedicated Governors who bring a range of skills, experience, passion and dedication to support our School Leadership in our vital roles of driving school development and improvement. Governors are required to operate at a STRATEGIC level, leaving the Headteacher and Senior School Leaders responsible and accountable for the OPERATIONAL DAY-TO-DAY running of the school.
As well as the statutory obligations such as safeguarding, Governors’ work focuses strongly on 3 core functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction of the school
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent
In order to get to know our school to support school improvement, Governors:
- make regular visits to school
- conduct surveys of the pupils, staff and parents/carers
- examine key management information, data and reports
- set and review policies
- compare data with other schools
- have Link Governors that focus on specific areas e.g. Safeguarding, Equality
- contribute actively to discussions, ask questions and challenge practices
- commit to a development plan, attend training
- build networks with other schools to share good practise
Ultimately, as Governors, we act in the best interests of the children to ensure that every child is given opportunities and encouragement to achieve to their maximum potential in all aspects of school life, in an environment where the school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
To contact the Governors, mail email@example.com
Safeguarding our children and staff is our priority and all governor appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check, barred list check and Section 128 check.